Train the trainer for Persons with Reduced Mobility (PRM) assistance agents
This professional course is designed for trainers of PRM assistance agents who provide direct support to PRMs on daily basis. The purpose of this course is to build on the knowledge of good practice by clarifying the requirements of the Regulation, international laws and best practices.
The five-day classroom-based course provides all necessary in depth knowledge and understanding to ensure that attendees are better able to comprehend and meet the needs and requirements of those passengers who require special assistance when they travel by air. The task of the trainer is highly important within your company!
The best environment to learn is in between your colleagues from other airports. It does not matter big or small, the challenges are everywhere. During the course each airport will be welcome to present their achievements.
This course is not only about the legal know-how. The most important subject is to understand the needs of a passenger and become disability confident to provide best possible assistance to the passengers.
All our training courses are advised on and supported by people with disabilities or reduced mobility. We care and value our customer’s opinion!
After successfully completed course you will receive well structured Power Point presentation for your in-house course delivery!
Course content & objectives
- Legal requirements, Guidelines and Best practices in support of PRM assistance (as prescribed in ECAC Doc 30, Part1, Section 5)
- Insight and explanation on newly published documents - EC1107/2206 Interpretative guidelines and IATA Resolution 700
- Disability awareness (as prescribed in ECAC Doc 30, Part 1, Section 5, Annex 5-G) which includes as well UK best practices
- General disability awareness
- How to understand the needs of and provide best assistance people with physical disabilities
- How to understand the needs of and provide best assistance people with sensory impairments
- How to understand the needs of and provide best assistance people with hidden disabilities
- Understanding the air travel journey from the perspective of a Person with Reduced Mobility
- Kinetics of lifting (theory and practice)
- Practical sessions on assisting different people with disabilities and reduced mobility
You will learn how to:
- Read and interpret PRM assistance legal and best practice documents (European, American and Worldwide)
- Apply those specific requirements in practice
- Recognise the barriers PRMs are facing on daily basis
- Understand and appreciate the varying and wide ranging requirements of PRMs including those with mobility, hearing, visual and cognitive impairments (disability awareness)
- Find the correct ways of communication skills and empathy for PRMs by understanding many of their anxieties, so that you can become more disability confident
- Recognise different kinds of service animals
- Appreciate the value and importance of protecting PRMs mobility equipment
- Reduce passenger misunderstanding and disappointment - which can so often result in formal complaints - by applying the “human factor” to managing PRM assistance
- Acknowledge the importance of good cooperation with other stake holders at an airport
** This course does not include training delivery instructional techniques and/or training design
Five days classroom training | 09:00 – 16:30
Who should attend this course?
- PRM assistance instructors
- PRM assistance staff members
- Basic knowledge and understanding of EU Regulation 1107/2006; ECAC Doc 30, Part 1, Section 5
- Good level of English
A certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the final examination to those participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher.
- Refresher course